The main goal of general dentistry is towards the prevention of oral diseases. General dentists lay strong emphasis on oral health and hygiene and help avoid the development of oral diseases. They are the main providers of dental care to people of all ages. At a regular visit to the general dentist, you can expect a comprehensive examination of your teeth, gums, and other structures and an overall discussion about your dental health. If any disease is detected, they can provide a wide range of services to treat your dental conditions.
What are some routine services provided by General Dentists?
Some of the routine dental services provided by general dentists are as follows:
- Tooth-colored fillings: Tooth cavities are treated with tooth-colored fillings made of durable resin or porcelain fillings that can be bonded to your teeth. They make the teeth stronger and a more natural appearance. They can be easily applied and are relatively unnoticeable.
- Inlays & Onlays: They offer an excellent solution to restore teeth that have lost a good amount of the tooth structure. They seem very similar to the natural teeth in resemblance and cannot be distinguished as artificial. The inlays and onlays restore the health of the tooth to its maximum.
- Crowns:They are natural-looking covers that fit comfortably over the teeth to conceal cracked, decayed, chipped, or injured teeth. Crowns are made out of porcelain or porcelain fused to metal.
- Bonding:A bonding helps restore your smile's natural beauty. Teeth that are stained, discolored, or misaligned can be hidden by dental bonding. During this treatment, a thin coating of plastic resin is applied over the damaged tooth and shaped and strengthened to match the natural teeth.
- Bridges: A bridge can provide an ideal solution in case of missing teeth. The missing teeth can give you trouble while eating and speaking. Bridges can help make your mouth healthy and functional again. They are made of porcelain or porcelain fused to metal and used to bridge the teeth's gaps. The bridges are long-lasting, comfortable, and give stability to the teeth, making them strong and durable.
- Veneers: They offer an excellent alternative to crowns and help hide stains, chips, and teeth's misalignments. Veneers are made of thin, customized material applied to the front surface of a tooth to make them resemble the natural surrounding teeth. They are chiefly used for the front teeth.
- Tooth Whitening: As we grow older, it is natural for the teeth to darken and change color. Sometimes the darkening is hastened by abnormal grinding and clenching habits of patients. In such situations, the tooth color can be restored by applying bleaching agents over them. After three or four applications, the teeth can become 6-8 shades lighter than the natural teeth's previous shade.
- Root Canals:It is the best solution to save a decayed tooth. The process involves removing the infected pulp from the tooth's root and later covered with a customized crown to make it more strong and stable.
Call us at Beyond Expectation Dental or schedule an online appointment to know more about General Dentistry.